Store Duty Manager
About the opportunity:
As a Store Duty Manager, you need to be able to juggle multiple things at once, motivate others and keep calm under pressure. You’ll be hands on in your approach and enjoy the physical demands of working in fresh food retail – this is not an office-based management role, you will lead from the front!
- Understanding, supporting and developing the processes used at Bunbury Farmers Market to drive retail excellence.
- Learning every aspect of running the retail side of our store.
- Ensuring our stringent customer service standards are maintained.
- Assisting department managers in driving sales and maintaining retail standards.
- Help develop, lead and motivate a capable team of store staff of the highest quality and standard
Previous management or supervisory experience in a fast-paced environment is a must, coupled with a strong work ethic and hands-on attitude. A proven ability to demonstrate initiative to make things happen and deliver results is important.
We have long established standards and procedures, to guide you through a day, whilst being comfortable with change and dynamic enough to deal with any challenge.
Why join us?
- Excellent remuneration based on your experience in similar roles
- Be a part of a leading fresh food retailer
- High levels of autonomy and responsibility
- Work alongside friendly and supportive colleagues
Bunbury Farmers Market started selling locally grown fresh fruit & veg in 2003. Back then the Farmers Market was on Forrest Avenue. We’ve relocated several times since then and our current premises are at 2 Vittoria Road in Bunbury (on the corner of the Australind Bypass & Vittoria Road). Although we’ve moved and grown over the years, our philosophy has remained the same – to provide our customers with Extreme Value & Extreme Freshness, Guaranteed! Without a doubt we are one of the leading independent fresh food retailers in Australia.
About our leaders (Qualities):
- Are customer centric
- Take ownership
- Have a bias for action
- Always looking to invent new ways of doing things and simplifying process
- Will be right, a lot.
- Always be willing to learn and remain curious
- Aim to hire and develop the best people
- Insist on the Highest Standards
- Think Big
- Act frugally
- Earn Trust
- Dive Deep
- Have Backbone; Disagree and Commit
- Deliver Results
This is a busy, highly visible, key role where you’ll be regarded as part of the leadership team. We’re looking for an organised, approachable and experienced person who is keen to roll-up-their-sleeves and get involved within a busy, established, retail organisation.
We would love to hear from you!
If you believe you have the experience to be a Duty Manager at Bunbury Farmers Market, please apply via SEEK, including a resume and cover letter.
Please note that we are a seven day a week retail business, and as a senior member of our team you will be required to work one day of the weekend on either a Sunday to Thursday or Tuesday to Saturday roster. (please do not apply if you are unable to work weekends)