This is a fast paced working environment within a dynamic team culture and as such the successful candidate will be one who likes to be busy and excels when under pressure.
This position consists of accurate and timely payroll entry within a supportive and friendly team, and working with the team to implement our new payroll system.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Completing the weekly payroll process for approximately 250 employees.
- Updating and maintaining payroll systems with accuracy and confidentiality.
- Communicating with department managers on payroll and staffing issues.
- Liaising with the Payroll Outsourcing provider
- Processing new employee contracts, details and terminations.
- Staff Inductions and on-boarding.
- Manage the time clock system used by staff.
- Maintaining employee leave entitlements in both systems to ensure accuracy and correlation
- First point of contact for employees, monitor and manage correspondence, and respond and resolve all payroll queries.
In addition you will be prepared to be cross-trained in all other administration roles within the business.
To be considered for this role it is essential you have the following skills and experience. Please only apply if you can respond ‘yes’ to all criteria.
Skills and Abilities
- Experience in payroll processing – within the retail industry is highly preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel and Word Skills
- Highly organised and possess the ability to balance conflicting priorities
- The ability to work as part of a team and assist with general administration duties, including switchboard and reception duties, if required.
- Demonstrated experience in using a payroll system.
- A desire and the ability to deliver exceptional customer service with a “can do” attitude
- The ability to follow procedures and maintain set standards
- The ability to maintain confidentiality in all areas of the role
To apply for this position, please attach a cover letter and resume, including at least two recent professional referees.